10 Ways To Get Others To Send You Free Traffic
By Jimmy D. Brown of How To Get Free Traffic
If you’re trying to build a steady stream of traffic on your own, you’re in for an uphill climb. You’ll need to spend a lot of time (such as on tasks like search engine optimization), a lot of money (such as on pay per click marketing) – or both.
Fortunately, there’s an easier way to get loads of traffic very quickly – and for free. All you have to do is leverage other people’s traffic and resources. Read on to discover ten ways to get other people to send you their traffic…
- Be a Guest BloggerSome bloggers solicit guest articles, in which case you can create a blog post and submit it for consideration. However, even those that don’t advertise accepting guest articles may be open to the idea if you give them a reason why they should.For example, you can:
- Trade articles with the blogger (so that they get to post an article on your blog too).
- Use the blog owner’s affiliates links in your article, so that they make money when their readers buy a product.
- Offer something else attractive in trade, such as an endorsement in your newsletter.
- Recruit Them to Your Affiliate Program. One quick and easy way to sell more products using other peoples’ traffic is by asking them to join your affiliate program.If you’re selling digital products, you should offer at least a 50% commission rate to affiliates, and even higher for “super affiliates” (those who can send you a lot of traffic and sales). You may even offer additional perks, such as bonuses or discounts for their customers.
Tip: You can quickly and easily set up an affiliate program for your digital products using Clickbank.com (which is also a payment processor).
- Trade Blog LinksInstead of trading content, you can trade blog links with other people in your niche (AKA “blogrolling”).The first benefit is that it’s visible for a long period of time, as usually these links are permanently placed on the front page of the blog.
Secondly, you can also get a search engine optimization benefit if the blog has a high Google Page Rank (and if you use your keywords as the anchor text for your link).
- Trade Newsletter ArticlesIf you like the idea of trading content, then consider trading newsletter articles with other people in your niche.Tip: Look for those who also post their newsletter issues on their blogs, as then you’ll get the benefit of a backlink and ongoing traffic!
- Co-Promote On Your Download PagesIf you have products or services that are closely related to another marketer’s products, then you may agree to trade product links on your thank you / download pages.Alternatively, you can ask the marketer to use his affiliate link to point to your product sales page.
Either way, this tends to be responsive traffic, since they’re customers who just bought something (and thus they’re in the buying mood).
- Swap Links On Your Subscription Confirmation PagesAnother place you can trade links is on your newsletter subscription confirmation pages. You may even agree to trade endorsements in the welcoming emails that you send to your new subscribers.
- Do Joint MailingsIf you ship physical products, then seek out other marketers who’re selling physical products in your niche. Then ask these people to send out a flyer advertising your products in every shipment they send, and you’ll do the same for them.Tip: Look on eBay® to find marketers in your niche who’re selling a high volume of physical products.
- Ask to Interview ThemThe biggest marketers in your niche might not be open to some of the other suggestions we’ve talked about so far, such as content swaps (especially if you’re relatively unknown and don’t have a busy blog yet). However, they may be open to you interviewing them, perhaps on a teleseminar. And if so, then they’ll also likely help you advertise the call, which means you get free traffic.Tip: Be sure to mention your website link on the call, because then you’ll get traffic months or years from now if you distribute the recordings.
- Co-Write and Promote ArticlesInstead of creating a recording with another marketer, you can create an article together.Example: You can each share five niche tips. Or one of you can share the tips and the other person can write the article.
Either way, you’ll get traffic because your partner will help you distribute the content, perhaps by posting it on his blog and telling his list about it.
- Create Rebrandable ReportsFinally, you get others to send you traffic by creating rebrandible reports (using a tool like ViralPDF.com). This is where you allow others to change the affiliate links in a report to their affiliate links, so that anyone who distributes the report has the opportunity to make money on the backend.
You don’t have to invest months of work or thousands of dollars to get traffic – not when you simply leverage other people’s traffic!
Jimmy D. Brown knows about getting completely free traffic as he’s been getting it for more than a decade. His groundbreaking course, How To Get Free Traffic, is a whopping 300+ pages of step-by-step tutorials, examples and ideas. Never pay for advertising again! Details below.